Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®)
The Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) training and certification program is intended as a comprehensive foundation for Business Relationship Managers at every experience level, with the training and certification designed to provide a solid baseline level of knowledge.
BRMP® training is available as an instructor-led online or onsite class. The BRMP® certification exam is always included with the training and does not have additional costs for the student. The class is a three day course with the exam taken on the third day at the end of the course or alternatively, the exam can be scheduled to be taken at a later time with approval of the instructor.
The exam format is closed book, 50 multiple choice questions limited to a 40 minute duration.
To inquire about availability or pricing of the BRMP® training and exam, visit our Accredited Training Organizations.
Upon class enrollment, you will be eligible for a 50% discount off the price of BRMI Professional Membership. Ask your BRMI accredited trainer for details!
For more information about the BRMP® certification exam, for which successfully completing the BRMP® course is a prerequisite, click here to be redirected to APMG-International’s website. Please also feel free to email or call us at +1.888.848.3012 with any questions.
The BRMP® Guide to the BRM Body of Knowledge Study Guide
We recently published The BRMP® Guide to the BRM Body of Knowledge. The Guide, which was published as an ebook in collaboration with Van Haren Publishing, is designed to assist the Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) training course attendees and certification exam candidates, but it will also be of great value to anyone looking for a comprehensive foundation-level overview of the art and practice of Business Relationship Management. The book covers the entire BRMP® course syllabus and contains all the information covered in the training and referenced in the exam.
BRMI members can always download a free personalized annotation-enabled printable ebook (PDF) copy of The Guide via BRMI Online Campus homepage. Others can purchase a Kindle version of the book on Amazon.COM or order it directly through our publisher. If you are not a member if the Institute, please consider joining us today to save on The BRMP Guide and gain access to numerous other BRMI membership benefits.
BRMP® Learning Objectives
Holders of the BRMI Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) credentials will be able to demonstrate their understanding of:
- The characteristics of the BRM role.
- What it means to perform as a strategic partner, contributing to business strategy formulation and shaping business demand for the provider’s services.
- The use of Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques to maximize realized business value.
- Business Transition Management and the conditions for successful change programs to minimize value leakage.
- The BRM role in Service Management and alignment of services and service levels with business needs.
- The principles of effective and persuasive communication.
BRMP® Course Outline
- Be able to explain the goals and objectives of the BRM role.
- Understand why the BRM role is gaining importance and how it is evolving in response to business and provider forces.
- Explain the concepts of Business Demand Maturity and Provider Supply Maturity and how these impact the BRM role.
- Understand the drivers of relationship maturity and be able to differentiate between tactical and strategic BRM roles and how these relate to order taker, trusted consultant and strategic business partner.
- Be able to explain common BRM reporting and organizing structures.
- Understand “Demand Shaping” as a means to increase value realization from provider investments, services and assets.
- Be able to use a Strategic Relationship Management Process and Tools to strengthen business partner and provider relationships.
- Understand how and where to engage in your business partner’s decision cycle.
- Co-develop, with your business partner, a Relationship Strategy-on-a-Page as a mutual Relationship Contract.
- Understand the concepts of “Value Leakage” and the BRMs role in minimizing this.
- Understand the concepts of Capability Roadmaps and how these are derived from business strategy.
- Understand the concepts of Value Management and how these link business strategy, provider strategy, portfolio and the business case to shape priorities, communicate and drive business value.
- Be able to use Business Outcomes to clarify strategic initiatives, manage scope and determine value metrics.
- Understand how Portfolio Management is the central mechanism for a Value Management Process.
- Understand how to apply Portfolio Management to the entire life cycle of provider investments, from managing new investments, optimizing existing investments and retiring old investments.
- Understand the relationships between Project, Program and Portfolio Management and how these work together to optimize business value.
- Be familiar with two common Portfolio Classification schemes and how they are applied to achieve a Portfolio Balancing.
- Understand how governance processes and structures are used in support of Portfolio Management.
Business Transition Management
- Understand what Business Transition Management is, why it is important to BRM, and the components of a Business Transition Capability Model.
- Understand how to create urgency for stakeholders.
- Understand the key roles to be orchestrated for successful business transition.
- Understand key change leadership concepts.
- Understand the importance of clarifying the change details and typical methods for achieving clarity.
- Understand how the Cliff Analogy illustrates all key factors in managing a transition.
- Understand the value-centric definition of a service.
- Understand the important distinctions between Products and Services and the implications for the BRM.
- Understand the different aspects of service value and how service provider constraints impact the role of the BRM.
- Understand the components of ‘powerful communications’.
- Understand how to influence those over whom they do not have direct control.
- Be able to express themselves through a unique value proposition.
Development of BRMP is made possible by the BRMP Content Development Team, which is comprised of renowned Business Relationship Management (BRM) experts, trainers, game-changing BRM practitioners, and senior business executives ranging in academics, government, and industry from all around the globe. Generously volunteering their time to add value, experience and rigor to the body of knowledge, Business Relationship Management Institute is grateful to these people and their organizations, provided here.