Frequently Asked Questions
- Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Knowledge Offerings
- BRM Institute Knowledge Providers (KPs)
Q: How do I join BRM Institute?
A: Easy! Click here to join!
Q: How much is BRM Institute membership? What types of membership do you offer?
A: Our Professional Membership is $195 USD per year
BRM Explorers: Stay informed about the latest BRM trends and upcoming events. Becoming a member of the BRM Explorers community is FREE.
Email Us! for more information.
Q: How do I renew my BRM Institute membership?
Q: What are the benefits of becoming a professional member?
A: Access to the BRMBOK™ in our Online Campus, networking with BRMs worldwide, joining online Communities of Interest, getting discounts to BRMConnect, exclusive writing opportunities, and downloading webinars from experts in the field. Detailed member benefits can be found here.
Q: I am new to the role, where do I find more information on the BRM role?
A: Find more info here.
Q: How do I download the free BRMP guide?
A: Follow the following steps to download your free BRMP Guide:
- Click here.
- Select “Add to Cart” under the eBook format. This will add it to your cart for “$0.00/Free” as a member benefit.
- Click “submit”
- Click “View” to download the PDF:
- Click “Download”
Q: What is Single Sign‐On (SSO)?
A: SSO is a session and user authentication service that permits a user to use ONE set of login credentials (e.g. email and password) to access multiple applications (between the website and the Online Campus).
Q: Why do I need SSO?
A: Access to multiple applications by using a single set of credentials and increase productivity for people who use the authentication service.
Q: What are SSO Benefits?
A: –Ability to enable users to securely access multiple applications with a single set of credentials, entered once.
-With just ONE password to remember, time spent reentering passwords for the same identity is reduced.
-Decreased number of Technology Help Desk calls regarding passwords.
Q: I am stuck. What do I do?
Q: What is the web address (URL) for SSO?
A: The URL for SSO is: https://my.brm.institute/account/login.aspx
Q: How do I login to the SSO?
A: 1) Navigate to https://my.brm.institute/account/login.aspx
2) Enter your email address and password there.
3) If you have forgotten your password, click the “click here to reset your password” text.
Q: What about my old Online Campus login credentials?
A: You used to have to remember a username and password to get into the Online Campus. Now you don’t. The way you get into the Online Campus is exactly the same way you get into the main website. Once you log in to either, you are automatically logged in to both. Therefore, the old username and password you had for the Online Campus no longer works.
Q: What happens to all of my bookmarks?
A: Any browser bookmarks you had into the Online Campus will still work. The only difference will be the way you log in.
Q: I’ve never logged in to the new website before. What do I do?
A: If you have never logged into the new website before, you will have to initially and set your password in order to get to the Online Campus. Fortunately, the process is easy: Click the “Forgot password” link on the login window and an email will be sent to you with a link allowing you to set your password. The email address that BRM Institute has on file for you is the email that address you should use to log in. It is also the one used in this password reset notification.
A: The following are how to get the different certifications:
- To become BRMP®certified, you must first take the BRMP® certification course and exam through one of our Knowledege Providers (KPs). You can find a list of scheduled courses on our BRM Events calendar. You can also use this Request for Proposal form to solicit proposals from our Registered Providers.
- To become CBRM® certified, you must first have your BRMP® certification as a prerequisite, then you must take the CBRM® certification course and exam through one of our KPs.
- To become MBRM® certified, you must first be a Professional Member of BRM Institute, acquire/maintain your BRMP® and CBRM® certifications as a prerequisite, acquire 100 hours between Knowledge and Community Involvement, attend the Strategic Partnering Approach (SPA) Workshop, agree to the BRM Code of Ethics, obtain three (3) BRM Certificate of Experiences from different Knowledge Offerings and submit a Dissertation in the form of a document or presentation.
Q: What is the difference between the certifications?
A: The following explains the difference between the certifications:
- The BRMP® is a foundational-level course, perfect for anyone wanting to learn more about the BRM capability or just getting started as a BRM in the field.
- The CBRM® is a practitioner-level course for BRMs with experience who are seeking to expand their understanding of the discipline in greater detail. The BRMP® is a prerequisite of the CBRM®.
- The MBRM® is a culmination of learning and experience to demonstrate mastery in business relationship management.
Q: Do the certifications expire?
A: The following explains the terms of the certifications:
- The BRMP® does not expire.
- The CBRM® expires after 3 years from the exam pass date, however, can be renewed.
- The MBRM® does not expire.
Q: Can I study for the certification exams on my own?
A: No, you cannot self-study and take the exam on your own. Since the course provides BRMs with the unique opportunity to partake in group exercises and learn from the experts themselves, we find the course to be a necessary precursor to the exam.
Q: Can I attend the course and exam online?
A: Yes! In addition to in-person classroom courses, both BRMP® and CBRM® courses and exams are offered virtually in various cities and countries. The courses are also available via computer-based training. You can see all scheduled courses in our Calendar where you can filter by 1) Category (course type), 2) Venue (location), or 3) Provider (RP).
Q: When are the BRMP® and CBRM® courses scheduled?
A: You can see all scheduled courses in our Calendar where all courses are sorted by date.
Q: How much are the course and exam?
A: Our KPs set their own rates for the courses. To see the fees specific to each KP, please visit their individual sites here.
Q: Is there a limitation on how many times the certification exams can be taken if I fail?
A: No, there are no limitations.
Q: Is there a time limitation for taking the CBRM after the BRMP?
A: No, there is no time limitation.
Q: If I take the BRMP onlinewith Proctor U, which version should I be selecting?
A: Select the “Live” version.
Q: Is there a particular Knowledge Provider (KP) you recommend?
A: Yes and no—because we recommend them all! Each KP has gone through APMG’s extensive accreditation process, and they are all extremely talented and knowledgeable trainers. We encourage everyone to do their research and visit each KP’s website to find the one that best suits your individual needs.
Q: How do I become an Knowledge Provider to deliver the certifications?
A: To become an KP, you must take and pass the exams with an elevated score (40 correct out of 50). A trainer application must be submitted by the sponsoring ATO to their relevant APMG-International office.
Q: How can I get information on group training for my organization?
A: Easy! You can fill out a Request for Training Proposal that will be sent to all of our KPs for bids.
Q: I am an experienced BRM and love writing, sharing, and helping others. How can I share my experience with my fellow BRMs?
A: We love member involvement! An exclusive benefit of becoming a BRM Institute member is the ability to join the BRM Contributor Network, which is a program designed to help experienced BRMs gain exposure as a thought leader in the field and play an active role in the future of BRM.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Units/Credits
Q: Are there CPD requirements for the BRMP® and CBRM® certifications?
A: There are no PDU requirements with the BRMP certification. However, the CBRM does have CPD requirements of 40 CPDs every year (120 CPDs total over the three-year certification period) plus a Certification Maintenance Fee (CMF) of $85USD on the third anniversary of their CBRM certification. CMF fees are waived for current Professional BRM Institute members.
Q: How do I sign up for an SPA Workshop?
A: To sign up for a Strategic Partnering Approach workshop please visit the events page on our public website. You can scroll through each offered event or specifically sort by the Strategic Partnering Approach category. If you are looking for an SPA Workshop for your BRM Team, you can fill out a Request for Training Proposal.
Q: Is there a particular RP you recommend?
A: Yes and no—because we recommend them all! Each RP has gone through APMG’s extensive accreditation process, and they are all extremely talented and knowledgeable trainers. We encourage everyone to do their research and visit each RP’s website to find the one that best suits your individual needs.
Q: How can I get information on group training for my organization?
A: Easy! You can fill out a Request for Training Proposal that will be sent to all of our RPs for bids.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Units/Credits
Q: Are there CPD requirements to attend BRM Institute Knowledge Offerings?
A: There are no PDU requirements for BRM Institute Knowledge Offerings.
Q: Are CPDs awarded for BRM Institute Knowledge Offerings?
A: Yes, CPDs are awarded based on the length of the offering.
Q: How do I become an Knowledge Provider (KP)?
A: To learn more about becoming a Knowledge Provider (KP) please visit the KP overview and if interested, then fill out this form so we can discuss this opportunity with you further! We will then review your entry and contact you for further instruction.
Q: What are the qualifications to be an KP?
A: Qualifications are dependent upon the BRM Institute Knowledge Offering your organization wants to deliver. For more information please complete the Knowledge Provider Inquiry Form.
Q: How do I apply to be an KP?
Q: When will I get access to the virtual event platform?
A: The virtual event platform will be available in September 2021.
Q: What’s the registration fee?
A: You can access the registration fees on the page here.
Q: What discounts are/not available?
A: The following discount types are available for BRMConnect:
- Group = 5 or more attendees will receive 10% off each ticket.
- Storyteller = Approved Storytellers will receive a special discounted rate.
The following discount types are NOT available for BRMConnect:
Q: Can I add the Professional Membership onto my Registration?
A: Yes, you can add it to the shopping cart and pay for both the event registration and membership on one invoice.
Q: Do you have a business case to support attending BRMConnect Conference and Knowledge Offerings?
A: Yes, a business case has been developed. Click here to download the Business Case.
Q: How many CPDs are granted to CBRMs for attending the BRMConnect Conference?
A: BRM Institute grants 22 CPDs towards CBRM certification. If you are trying to use your BRMConnect Conference attendance towards another organization’s PDU/CEU requirement, you will need to contact that organization directly to inquire if BRM Institute events qualify for their credits/units.
Q: What is the cancellation policy?
A: The following are the cancellation policies:
- Pre/Post-Conference Knowledge Offerings = All sales are final. Registration fees are non-refundable. If you need to cancel, you have the option to transfer your registration to someone else. Transfers must be submitted in writing at least 5 (five) days before the event.
- BRMConnect Conference = All sales are final. Registration fees are non-refundable. If you need to cancel, you have the option to transfer your registration to; 1) someone else, or 2) another event within the same or following calendar year. Transfers must be submitted in writing at least 5 (five) days before the event.
Q: What are my options if I am unable to pay for my registration fee via credit card?
A: Paying via Alternative Payment Methods: If sending payment by any of the following methods, please contact the BRMConnect Events Team: http://brm.institute/contact. Provide a full description of your BRMConnect registration details including the name of attendee(s), member/non-member status, and if any Knowledge Offerings are to be included with registration.
Full Business Name
Wire Routing Transit Number (ABA): 065000090
Attn: BRMConnect Registrations